SayMosaic Privacy Statement
We know that providing great products includes protecting your privacy and the information that you share with us when using our services.
This Policy describes how we collect, use, disclose, and otherwise process information from or about you or your devices when you use:
- Our downloadable software and mobile applications (including applications for tablets and other connected devices) provided by us, including the Mosey mobile application(“Apps”),
- Our websites,www.saymosaic.com, www.mosaix.ai, and www.mosey.ai ( “Sites”) and,
- A third party application or other product that incorporates our technology through our Mosaix program (“Mosaix-Enabled Products”), (collectively, the “Services”).
Information We Collect
We may collect information from or about you or your devices from various sources described below.
If you do not provide your information when requested, you may not be able to use our Services if that information is necessary to provide you with our Services or if we are legally required to collect it. Where applicable, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your information, as well as the consequences of failing to do so.
Information Provided by You
- Registration Information. When you register to use the Services, sign up for notifications or updates on the Services, or participate in our surveys, we may collect your name, email address, zip code, gender, age, and any other information that you provide to us.
- Social Network Information. If you choose to connect the Services to your social network accounts (or other third party services or applications, such as music or transportation providers), we may collect your profile information (such as your name, gender, age, locale, email address, and profile picture) and other information available on your social network account.
- Information Maintained on Your Device. When you use the Services, and when you have enabled such collection in your device or App settings, we may collect certain information maintained on your device to help us tailor our Services to you, such as the contact information in your device’s address book, your calendars, or pictures stored on your device.
Information Obtained from Your Interactions with our Services
- Usage Information. When you use our Services, our servers may automatically collect information about how you use the Services, such as what you search for and what you look at.
- Device Information. When you use our Services, our servers may automatically collect information about the device and software you use to access our Services, such as the operating system, hardware model, application or browser version, and unique identifiers associated with your device, such as your device’s advertising identifiers.
- Location Information. When you use the Services, and when you have enabled such collection in your device or App settings, we may collect location information that your mobile device or browser provides. Depending on how you access the Services, we may receive precise geolocation information from GPS, WiFi, or cell tower location, or rough location information.
- Log Information. When you use our Services, our servers may automatically collect system logs or similar information about your interaction with the Services from your browser. This may include information such as IP address, browser language, date and time of access, browser type or the domain from which you are visiting, web-pages you visit, search terms you use, features you click on and cookie information.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies. When you use our Services, our servers may automatically collect additional website usage data to improve our Services.
A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your Internet enabled device for security purposes and to improve our Services by providing technical details about your session. A session cookie enables certain features of our Services and is deleted from your computer when you disconnect from or leave the Services. A persistent cookie remains after you disconnect from or leave the Services and may be used on subsequent visits.
This automatically collected information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use the Services , the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the Services, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Services.
We use this information to provide you with our Services and tailor them to you by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our Services.
How We Use Your Information
We use information from or about you or your devices for the following purposes:
- To provide and improve our Services and to improve the relevance of information provided to you by our Services, such as by personalizing your user experience;
- To communicate with you and to respond to your inquiries;
- To update your status on your social networks, to send messages on your behalf to your social networks, and to provide other features and services to you;
- To facilitate the connection of third party services or applications, such as social networks, music streaming services, and transportation providers;
- To send you marketing communications and other types of offers or advertisements, which may be tailored to you, based on information such as your interests and preferences, and to improve the relevance of advertisements displayed to you. For example, we may send you an email to alert you about product upgrades, special offers, updated information and other new products and services.
- To enforce legal rights and to comply with the law;
- To comply with an order from a government entity or other competent authority;
- To prevent or address potential or actual injury or interference with our rights, property, operations, customers or others who may be harmed or may suffer loss or damage;
- To protect our rights, prevent fraud and/or comply with judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on SayMosaic;
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time of the collection of the information.
How We Share Your Information
We do not share or otherwise disclose information we collect from or about you, except as described below or otherwise disclosed to you at the time of the collection.
We may share the information we collect from or about you with:
- Our affiliates;
- Our service providers performing services on our behalf (e.g., Site hosting providers and other parties who assist us in operating our Site, conducting our business, or serving our customers);
- Business partners, such as developers who provide Mosaix-Enabled Products. If you are using a Mosaix Product, we may share certain usage information with the developer of that application to help them provide or improve their product;
- Third parties, such as law enforcement entities or parties involved in a corporate transaction if (i) we are required to do so by law or in response to legal process, (ii) to enforce our site policies, or (iii) protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety or (iv) in the event we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy or liquidation where the business will not continue as a going concern, receivership, sale of assets, or transition of our Services to another provider, then any information we collect may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract;
- Third parties, such as our vendors, suppliers, advertisers, and analytics companies to improve our Services and the relevance of the content provided by those third parties. This information is shared in aggregate form, except for certain interactions you make with advertising content (for example, when you click on an ad to upgrade an App).
We do not share information about our own cookies with third parties; third parties can access cookie information only from their own cookies. We utilize third-party analytics, including Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, to understand our users better so that we can improve our Services to you. We may also share anonymous demographic and age data with our advertising partners;
- Third parties, with whom you can share data through the functionality provided by the Services for sharing or exporting your search results.
Cross Border Data Transfers
We may transfer information from or about you or your devices to countries other than the country where you are located (including the United States), which may not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction. By providing us with your information, you agree to such transfers.
Individuals Located in the EEA or Switzerland
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland, we will comply with applicable legal requirements for the transfer of personal information to countries outside of the EEA or Switzerland. In particular, we enter into Standard Contractual Clauses issued by the European Commission with our business partners where appropriate. We may also rely on various legal grounds to collect, use, and otherwise process your information, including when:
- You have consented to the processing of your information;
- We need your information to provide you with services and products requested by you, or to respond to your inquiries;
- We have a legal obligation to process your information;
- We or a third party have a legitimate interest in using your information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your information to ensure and improve the security and performance of our Service, to anonymize your information, to carry out data analyses, and to protect us or our business partners against fraud.
Your Rights and Choices
You may limit some of the information we collect as follows:
- Location Information. You may stop our collection of location information in one of our Apps by managing your App settings or turning off location services for your device, if your device allows you to do so. Please refer to your device’s settings or user manual for instructions on how to turn off location services.
- Marketing Communications. Any marketing emails we send you will contain instructions for how to unsubscribe from receiving future marketing communications. Please note, however, that you may still receive administrative announcements, such as service disruptions, via email even if you unsubscribe from marketing communications.
- Do Not Track. Some browsers provide you with a way to signal that you do not want your browsing activity to be tracked. The Services may not currently respond to a Do Not Track ("DNT") or similar signal, as we are awaiting consensus from the Internet policy and legal community on the meaning of DNT and the best way to respond to these signals.
If you choose not to provide us with information we collect, some features of the Services may not work as intended without access to these sorts of information. For example, navigation features in our Apps need access to your location to work properly.
Security and Data Retention
We endeavor to use appropriate technical and physical security measures to protect your Data which is transmitted, stored or otherwise processed by us, from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access. These measures include (a) the encryption of your Data, (b) the integrity and availability of production systems, (c) regular reassessments of internal measures to ensure the security of data processing, and (d) the insurance that any person acting under the authority of the controller or the processor who has access to your Data does so only with instructions from the controller. Our service providers are also selected carefully and required to use appropriate protective measures.
As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Data is at your own risk. Once we receive your Data, we will use reasonably appropriate security measures to seek to prevent unauthorized access. We may revise implement additional or alternative security features as new technologies become available.
In the event that there is an interception or unauthorized access to your Data, we shall not be liable or responsible for any resulting misuse of your Data.
Your Data shall be retained for as long as necessary to fulfil the specific purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement and the Cookies Statement and to allow us to comply with our legal requirements, including, without limitation, any tax and commercial obligations. The criteria we use to determine retention periods for Data includes the following:
- Retention in case of queries; we will retain it for a reasonable period after the relationship between us has ceased;
- Retention in case of claims; we will retain it for the period in which claims may be enforced (this means we will retain it for ten (10) years in some countries); and
- Retention in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements; we will consider whether we need to retain it after the period described in the previous clause because of a legal or regulatory requirement.
Children 13 and Under
SayMosaic does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third Party Apps and Links to Third Party Websites
Changes to this Policy
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement at any time in our sole discretion. If we make any material changes we will provide notice on the Website, and we may notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account), prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices. If you continue to use the Website after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised Privacy Statement.
SayMosaic, Inc. is responsible for keeping your information private and secure. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our processing activities, please email us at email@example.com write to us at 1121 San Antonio Road, Suite B100, Palo Alto, CA 94303, U.S.A.